A Meeting With A 'Dream' Team


SPORTS

I was in the middle of a crowd who were cheering on their team at the stadium. It was a Champions League match and the stadium was filled to capacity. The stadium was full of beautiful colors with a section of the fans, all of whom wore special hats. The game started a few seconds before I joined the crowd.

To be honest, I was only there to see enchanting football from both teams, but not as a 'die-hard' fan of any of the two teams. As I keenly watched the match, one of the teams caught my attention with their ability and pleasant football. They were everywhere on the field. As if they were fourteen (14) in number on the field as opposed to the other who had an ordinary squad of twelve (12) people.

A player in one of the teams was simply magical when he controlled the ball. His abilities, speed, agility, swerves, dribbling and strength behind his passes were very beautiful. And clearly, if I were a Scout, I might see it as an opportunity to woo him to my favorite team. As the game progressed, I began to develop a certain love for this team, who caught my attention. In fact, they played as a team that had trained for several years before this match. The ball moved smoothly from one player to another. The other team were fantastic too, but this team with this  "problematic" player might be a little ahead of the others.

For all practical purposes, my highly rated team made football look very easy even from a distance. The match ended with 'my' team going away with a slim win over their opponents by a goal to nil.

I was so in love with this team that I made my way through the crowd, went straight onto the field and turned to "my adorable player" to take pictures. He was kind to me when we took a photo and talked for a while. Unfortunately, he spoke in a language that I did not understand, but at some point I was able to grasp. I took his shirt and he hugged me with a smile and it was a deep feeling as I had a short engagement with such player who was so exceptional.

Suddenly, I woke up. Interestingly, all these beautiful events were dreams and I almost cried. So, everything was a dream? I said. I was emotionally hurt because I fell in love with this team, Barcelona and Lionel Messi in the dream. Yes, Atletico Madrid could have won the 'dream' match, but Lionel Messi ruined their party. I am sorry Manchester City, but now I'm a Barcelona fan. They have won my heart!!

My name is Kobe Jones, Trinidad & Tobago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Why Mike Tyson Is Selling His Tiger Pet!!

Ghana's Kente Fabric Is Matchless!!

A Powerful And Prosperous Kingdom In Africa!